||A leading supplier within the chemical value chain is looking for a dynamic individual for the position of Purchasing Manager for its trade and distribution company, to become a key member of the management team.
• Responsibility for all chemicals' procurement and logistics related activities.
• Maintaining and growing long term supplier relationships.
• Sourcing of potential new vendors/products, and expanding to new business areas.
• Managing and motivating a team of buyers and import specialists.
• Significant experience in sourcing, high level negotiation and international procurement in big organizations ($50M and up).
• Specific experience in the Chemicals Industry and its supply chain.
• Management experience of 4 years and more.
• Acquaintance with ERP systems (PRIORITY a definite plus).
• Relevant academic qualifications (B.Sc. as a minimum).
• Long term, self-motivated, result oriented player.
• Well organized, with managerial and good interpersonal communication skills.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Business Development orientation.
• Excellent written/oral communication skills in English.
• Extensive international travel is required.